05 September 2012

Purple Cane Tea Restaurant @ The Gardens

I went The Gardens's Purple Cane Tea Restaurant for a catch-up lunch with friend today. Frankly I haven't step in this restaurant. My memory for Purple Cane was still stop over at the upstairs old shoplot somewhere near Petaling Street. It was one of my high school era favor hangout place.

I still remember last time they merely have a few noodle and rice dishes, side order were some fried dumpling. But now they have fully innovated their menu, introducing the art of tea into variety of dishes!


I tried their value lunch set. Since there are two of us, hence we just picked both lei cha tea soup & homemade tea soup. For main dishes, we have steamed chicken with Chinese herbs & Stir fried vegetables with pickles. 


Tea soup, stewed peanut as side dish, veggies fried pickles & rice.


Lei cha, stewed peanut as side dish, steamed chicken & rice.
The portion is just right if you are not big eater.


Oh ya, the ice honey black tea taste good! thumbs up. Overall I satisfied with this meal except the tea soup, I hardly taste any chicken nor herbs when I was told that was chicken herbs tea soup. 


I didn't pick any dessert from lunch set menu. I have this rose tea egg (RM5) from ala carte menu. You will love it if you love sweet and smooth texture dessert. 


Jasmine jelly yummy yet not too sweet.

Interior of Purple Cane.





Purple Cane Tea Restaurant 
Lot LG 206, Lower Ground Floor, 
The Gardens, Mid Valley City, 
Lingkaran Syed Putra 
59200 Kuala Lumpur 
Tel: +603 - 2283 6090 
Fax: +603- 2283 6093 

Other outlets: 
The Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall 
No 1 Jalan Maharajalela 
50150 Kuala Lumpur 
Malaysia 
Tel: +603- 2272 3090 
Fax: +603- 2272 3281 

Shaw Parade 
Lot LG-02, Ground Floor Shaw Parade, 
Changkat Thamby Dollah Off Jalan Pudu 
Tel: +603- 2145 3090 
Fax: +603- 2145 3093